To achieve the ambitious aims of the programme the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) launched two accompanying projects.
The project-overarching project focuses on scientific support of the individual megacity-projects with the aim of a cross-cutting reflection of the entire field of research. The programme of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) "Study and Research Scholarships of Today for the Megacities of Tomorrow" concentrates on the promotion of young researchers.
Key task of the accompanying projects include:
- Furthering of sustainable urban and territorial development though research activities and the promotion of young researchers
- Networking of the actors of the research programme
- Profiling of the overall results generated within the programme’s context
- Analysis of the impacts achieved by the projects’ activities
- Transfer of results and knowledge
- Implementation of a overarching communications strategy
- Promotion of young researchers (capacity building)
- Advancement of the building of “Megacities-Networks”.
Further information more about:
-> Programme Support